Social Worker / Senior Social Worker - Prevention and Intervention Team - Permanent - Hillingdon - £32,628 - £41,025p/a
Hillingdon Borough Council are looking for dedicated and skilled social workers to join their dynamic Family Support, Prevention and Intervention Service. The aim is to stabilise the family unit by providing holistic support services and intervention that meets the needs of the family under a Child in Need or a Child Protection Plan.
If you are passionate about providing good quality services to vulnerable children and families and keen to join the team you'll need to be flexible, highly motivated, an effective communicator with a non-judgemental approach and able to build trust and maintain strong relationships with families and partners.
Good IT skills and organisational skills are also key attributes which you will need in order to work in a paper free environment and make good use of technology.
Benefits of this role include:
- Generous holiday allowance
- HCPC registration renewal fee paid
- Retention payments
- Free car parking
- Car pool or mileage allowance
- Mobile working with a smart-phone and laptop
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Salaries in the top quartile
- Up to £2k retention allowance
- Practice Educators allowance of £1.8k
Your duties in this Prevention and Intervention role include:
- Managing a wider, increasingly complex social work caseload including safeguarding, with more autonomy
- Using a range of frameworks for assessment and intervention
- Providing support for trainees and other employees, including acting as a 'buddy' for inductees.
- Being responsible for proactive measures in response to emergency safety and liberty issues
- Maintaining knowledge of current team plan and of own contribution in delivering this
- Using a wide range of evidence sources to inform decision-making.
- - Clearly report and record judgements, decisions and analysis using the appropriate system (Protocol / AIS)
In addition, a Senior Social Worker will:
- Provide expert professional and technical advice to other social workers, managers, colleagues and partners
- Provide professional supervision of other Social Workers (circa 3-6), supporting caseload management and promoting reflective practice and continuous professional development
- Establish network of internal and external colleagues to support effective practice
- Prepare court proceeding reports acting as expert testimony in Care or Private Order proceedings
- Participate in Panel processes
- Chair professional meetings with inter-agency partners and clients
- Produce management information and analysis
- Participate in team planning and contribute to the delivery of team and service plans
- To be a qualified social worker
- HCPC registration
- Statutory experience in children's services
- Excellent knowledge on legislation and assessment skills
- Eligibility to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com