Social Worker - Transitions - Sheffield - £31 per hour
A Transitions Social Worker is needed in Sheffield. Sheffield's Children Services are looking for an experienced agency worker for the Transitions team, known as Preparation for Adulthood. They work with 16 – 25 year old young people with disabilities to support them through the transitions to adulthood. We carry out statutory visits, meetings, CIN, CP and LAC.
You must be HCPC registered and qualified Social Worker who has significant, continuous work experience in a Social Worker role since qualifying and can evidence that you have passed formal progression criteria within a Local Authority.
You may also be able to demonstrate evidence of further CPD with extensive experience of working within a children and families setting or adults with disabilities as a Social Worker.
Benefits as a Social Worker:
- Excellent pay rate
- Stable authority
- Good transport links
- Long contracts
- Supportive management
Expectations of the Social Worker:
- Senior Social Workers are expected to hold a caseload of complex Child Protection cases. Typical caseloads vary across functions, but a Senior Social Worker will hold a caseload at the upper limit of the maximum prescribed for the function in which they are based.
- Senior Social Workers require extensive knowledge of child care legislation and regulation especially child protection processes detailed in the 1989 Children's Act and the Every Child Matters agenda.
- They also require extensive knowledge and practical experience of child development, attachment theory, anti-discriminatory practice, the assessment framework, social work theory and methods and adult learning theory.
- You will require a good level of IT literacy as you will have to adapt quickly to the Local Authorities ICS system which is Liquid Logic.
- You will require a good standard of written English to complete accurate and succinct records on the ICS system and write reports.
- Social work qualification
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.