Supervising Social Worker - Fostering Team - Blackburn -up to £26.88 per hour
An experienced social worker is required to join a busy fostering team in Blackburn. They are looking for a supervising social worker who has experience of recruitment of prospective carers, undertaking assessment work particularly fostering assessments, supervision and support of foster carers.
The role is based specifically within the mainstream fostering team to cover remaining maternity cover. It is desirable for the candidate to have experience in fostering and experience in completing connected persons and friends and family assessment
Benefits of this Supervising Social Worker - Fostering Team role include:
- Strong Management
- Regular Supervision
- Manageable Caseload
- Friendly & Diverse Team
- Potential Long Term Contract
- Competitive Rate of Pay
- Mileage Expenses
Your main duties as a Supervising Social Worker:
- Supervising foster carers by make sure they fully understand the fostering task as well as the agencies policies and procedures
- Promoting the welfare of children placed with foster carers
- Completing assessments using the mainstream fostering assessments, combined family and friends and SGO assessment work.
- Attending regular meetings and reviews on behalf of the agency within the decision procces
We require you to have:
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW)
- Significant experience of working as a Qualified Social Worker within Children and Families
- Understand and Practical application of the use of IT Skills
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the current legislations and frameworks relevant to Children Social Care, Fostering and Adoption including the Children's Act 1989 and its application to Social Work practice.
- Assessment work experience
You will need to be/have:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK licence holder
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence and have access to a vehicle to travel to other areas
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.