Best Interest Assessor / Social Worker - BIA - Croydon - £32 per hour
We have a new opportunity available in Croydon for an experienced Social Worker / Best Interest Assessor to work in a Adult Services Team. Successful candidates must be qualified as a Best Interest Assessor or have previous BIA experience if working currently in a Social Work position.
In this role as a Best Interest Assessor you will undertake assessments in care homes and hospitals and identify, challenge and, where possible, redress discrimination and inequality in all its forms. Respect individuals’ qualities, abilities and diverse backgrounds, promote the rights, dignity and self-determination of individuals who might be deprived of their liberty. To assist with the quality checking and auditing of completed Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards assessments and the allocation of work to Best Interest Assessors; to offer advice; guidance and support to the Best Interest Assessors; to ensure that practice reflects current case law pertinent to the relevant legislation. To represent the authority, where necessary, at the Court of Protection
Benefits as a Best Interest Assessor:
- Long term contract
- Competitive pay rate
- Supportive team
- Good transport links
- Flexible working
Responsibilities as a Best Interest Assessor:
- Participate in the operation of duty and respond accordingly to need, which will involve Safeguarding (SA) and Best Interest Assessment (BIA) when required.
- Provide an assessment service to individuals, their carers and other agencies in accordance with fair access to care eligibility criteria, ensuring the ethos of supporting independence is adhered to.
- Initiate and co-ordinate care plans for and with individual service users and their carers, in conjunction with professional colleagues and representatives of voluntary and private agencies.
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
- BIA qualified
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.