Deputy Team Manager - Fostering Team - Permanent - Waltham Forest - £46,578 - £49,458p/a
Waltham Forest's Fostering Service is re-shaping; bringing together its assessment and support service to provide consistency in support provided to foster carers. They are looking for a highly experienced social worker with experience in a senior role to take on a permanent deputy manager role.
You will be expected to have a working knowledge of relevant legislation and experience of working in children’s services. You need to be enthusiastic and highly committed to providing support and challenge to foster carers to ensure that the children of Waltham Forest receive quality care in a warm family environment.
The service supports its workers in the practice support group model and is involved in developing innovations such as the Mockingbird Family Model and Virtual Reality.
Benefits of this Manager role:
- Excellent annual pay
- Joining an innovative Service
- Local Goverment Continuous Service
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers - annual savings of £933 on average
Responsibilities as a Fostering Deputy Team Manager include:
- Overseeing all parts of the process in the recruitment of foster carers
- Identifying and leading on specialist projects within the fostering service to deliver effective recruitment, assessment, support and retention of foster carers
- Taking on line management responsibility for the Social Workers and Officers working on recruitment and specialist projects
- Supporting the Team Manager in leading and contributing to the development of innovative and effective fostering services which meet the needs of Looked After Children and Care Leavers
- Being responsible for a range of activities to support the Service in maintaining high standards and compliance with Regulations and National Minimum Standards
- Exemplifying best practice and maintaining accurate recordings
- To be qualified as a social worker
- HCPC registered
- Extensive experience in a senior role (practitioner or Deputy Manager) of a children's social care service
- Ideally have recent experience in a Fostering role
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org