Social Worker - Referral and Assessment - Bury - £25.02 per hour
An experienced level 3 Children's social worker is required for Bury's Initial Response Team. Candidates must have experience of duty social work.
The role is within Initial Response team, there are 18 social workers within the team, split into three sub teams of 6 covering all aspects of duty frontline social care practice. This includes completion of Child and Family assessments , S47 investigations, Attendance at ICPC, chairing meetings and attending court when required. The team works on a duty rota basis. Average caseloads are around 25-30.
Cases are held on IRT for anything between 45 days and 3 months.
Benefits as a Social Worker:
- Supportive Management
- Regular Supervision
- Manageable Caseload
- Friendly and Diverse Team
- Excellent Rate of Pay
- Mileage Expenses
- Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
- Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
- Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
- Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
- Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
- Write high quality reports as required and also where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
- Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.
- Be familiar with local resource networks and undertake capacity building with individuals, families, communities, user groups and voluntary organisations.
- Recognised by peers as a source of reliable knowledge and advise others.
- Experienced level 3 Children's social worker required for Bury's Initial Response Team.
- Must have experience of duty social work.
- Cases are held on IRT for anything between 45 days and 3 months.
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.