Social Worker - Forensic Mental Health - Ealing - £28 per hour
We have a new opportunity available in Ealing for an experienced Social Worker to work in a Forensic Mental Health Team in Ealing.
In this Forensic Social Work Team as a Social Worker you will provide a social care service to inpatients and community patients, working closely with families and other carers. As a successful candidate you will also provide a comprehensive social work service to all patients within the unit. This includes active contribution of the social care perspective to forensic risk assessment and care planning. It is essential that candidates have previous experience working in a mental health team.
Benefits as a Forensic Mental Health Social Worker:
- Long term contract
- Competitive pay rate
- Supportive team
- Good transport links
- Flexible working
Responsibilities as a Forensic Mental Health Social Worker:
- To liaise effectively with statutory and non-statutory bodies in formulating comprehensive assessments of need and in identifying appropriate resources for service users.
- In accordance with local policy and good practice guidance, to manage issues of confidentiality in relation to all patients, including those with high media profile.
- To ensure a high standard of record keeping.
- To prepare full written reports for CPA review meetings, First-tier Tribunals and Hospital Managers Hearings. To provide statutory reports as required by the Ministry of Justice. To offer considered recommendations.
- To initiate contact with families and informal carers and undertake formal Carers Assessments in accordance with statutory legislation.
- To participate in enquiries regarding victim/community sensitivities, where clinically appropriate. This may include direct contact with victims or their representatives.
- To ensure that relevant legislation is applied to promote patient care and the safety of the public. In particular to be familiar with and apply the provisions of the Mental Health Act 1983 and the principles of the Care Programme Approach. To refer cases to the Multi-Agency Public Protection Panel (MAPPA) in accordance with directorate policy and to present cases at this and other multi-agency forums.
- To uphold local protocols in relation to the protection of adults at risk.
- To act as an Appropriate Adult under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.