Social Worker - Safeguarding - Northamptonshire - £32 per hour
A social worker is required to carry out Initial, Core and other specialised assessments as per national guidelines and within prescribed timescales in order to formulate support plans for service users and co-ordinate their implementation or refer the case to the appropriate service area for support to child/family.
The candidate will manage cases varying in complexity, organise packages of support to service users, assess levels of risk to their health and wellbeing and, in conjunction with them and their families /carers, monitor and review their situations so that support can be adjusted as appropriate to their needs.
- stable authority
- Supportive management
- Long contracts available
- Work directly with family members providing advice and guidance. Work to empower service users, promote their participation in planning and evaluation of services to increase their levels of self sufficiency, competence and to facilitate independence from social service assistance.
- Liaise with and take a professional lead in involving appropriate staff and agencies and cases and arrange for contact as necessary to meet the needs of service users and within the remit of the County Council. Take initiative in establishing resource, for instance, group work programmes and specialist counselling to meet the needs of service users.
- Attend and participate in multidisciplinary teams and meetings, planning reviews with colleagues and relevant professional staff to assist and analyse the needs of service users and to plan care programmes in accordance with those needs.
- Ensure all information and reports relevant to work carried out is recorded, updated and completed in an efficient and timely manner and according to Directorate/legislative policies and procedures so that decisions made and acted upon are fully evidenced and provide sufficiently for audit, court or any other legitimate purpose.
- Give written/verbal evidence in court/adoption/fostering panels when required to do so, carry out all necessary planning and assessments related to proceedings in conjunction with relevant professionals, and provide and deliver evidence to support decisions and recommendations made by social services to safeguard children at risk.
- Implement actions agreed by the courts to ensure the safety and well being of service users within the specified time frame. This could be instant removal of children from their home and placement in an appropriate care or foster home or less immediate actions to secure their well being and to link with colleagues in other agencies to enable successful partnership working within a climate of mutual respect
- Demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, and to comply with the policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the department.
- Carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.