Social Worker - Community Adult Health Services - CHC - Wandsworth - £28 per hour
We currently require an experienced Social Worker to work in a Community Adult Health Services - CHC Team in Wandsworth.
In this role as a Social Worker and / or Social Care Assessor you will fulfil statutory functions as set out by the Care Act 2014 and DASS policies and procedures. You will be responsible for attending weekly MDT meetings with community health partners
Benefits as a CHC Social Worker:
- Long term contract
- Competitive pay rate
- Supportive team
- Good transport links
Responsibilities as a CHC Social Worker:
- On receipt of referral, the CAHS Social Worker or the CAHS Social Care Officer will advise and liaise with the GP (where appropriate) about the most appropriate social care service for their patient.
- The Social Workers and Social Care Assessors will contact the appropriate identified services directly on behalf of the GP and, once a service need has been identified, they will ensure that the referring GP receives prompt confirmation of action that has been taken and the activation of services.
- The Social Workers and Social Care Assessors will have a full understanding of the social care resources that might need to be accessed by GPs and CAHS staff on behalf of their patients such as appropriate onward referrals into other services including their operating hours, waiting times and any other relevant information.
- The Social Workers will contribute to the joint assessment and completion of the DST (as a member of the MDT) for the group of patients identified as needing full Continuing Healthcare assessment in a non-acute setting following hospital discharge as part of the hospital discharge pathway.
- Identify and respond to safeguarding concerns - social workers complete safeguarding work from concern, screening, planning, enquiry and closure stage.
- Complete duty one day a week.
- Support and offer guidance to non qualified staff in team as required.
You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.