Social Worker - Forensic Mental Health - Enfield - £28 - £31 per hour
We currently require an Adults Social Worker to join a Forensic Mental Health Team in Enfield.
In this role as a Social Worker you will provide a Social Work Service to North London Forensic Service which currently provides forensic care and treatment for mentally disordered offenders, in medium & low secure and community settings. This provision serves 5 London Boroughs; Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health Trust and Camden and Islington and operates across 2 sites (both within LB Enfield).
As a result of the expansion in the learning disability services within NLFS a new Social Work post has been generated. The post will cover both learning disability / ASD low secure inpatient services and a learning disability community outreach service and will require the worker to travel between community and inpatient sites.
Benefits as a Forensic Mental Health Social Worker:
- Long term contract
- Competitive pay rate
- Supportive team
- Good transport links
Responsibilities as a Forensic Mental Health Social Worker:
- To liaise effectively with statutory and non-statutory bodies in formulating comprehensive assessments of need and in identifying appropriate resources for service users.
- In accordance with local policy and good practice guidance, to manage issues of confidentiality in relation to all patients, including those with high media profile.
- To ensure a high standard of record keeping.
- To prepare full written reports for CPA review meetings, First-tier Tribunals and Hospital Managers Hearings. To provide statutory reports as required by the Ministry of Justice. To offer considered recommendations.
- To initiate contact with families and informal carers and undertake formal Carers Assessments in accordance with statutory legislation.
- To participate in enquiries regarding victim/community sensitivities, where clinically appropriate. This may include direct contact with victims or their representatives.
- To ensure that relevant legislation is applied to promote patient care and the safety of the public. In particular to be familiar with and apply the provisions of the Mental Health Act 1983 and the principles of the Care Programme Approach. To refer cases to the Multi-Agency Public Protection Panel (MAPPA) in accordance with directorate policy and to present cases at this and other multi-agency forums.
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.