Children’s Service Manger - Early Help - Permanent - Sandwell - £53,722p/a
We are recruiting for a Children’s Service Manager for six locality based Early Help COGs (Community Operational Group).
Each COG has a Team Manager, Senior Family Support Workers and Targeted Family Support Workers as well as a Domestic Abuse Advocate, Primary Mental Health representative and troubled Families Advisor. You will be responsible for the running of each COG at a senior level, ensuring clear objectives are set and risk is managed and assessed appropriately.
You will be part of the Senior Management Team and will need to work in a collaborative effort to ensure performance and professional standards are of the highest quality. You will set strategic objectives and play a pivotal role in translating these in to a high-quality service area.
Benefits in this role:
- Further career opportunities
- Excellent annual pay
- Working in a stable and permanent work force
- Competitive rewards
- An understanding of good work/life balance
Responsibilities as a Service Manager:
- To be a member of the Children’s Management Team and support the Head of Service, Director of Operations, Chief Executive and Trust Board
- Ensure that there is a relentless focus on outcomes for the Children and Families of Sandwell
- Direct the strategic and overall management of the Targeted Early Help Service
- Support the Trust in providing a quality and cost effective Early Help Service
- Provide strong professional and managerial leadership across the service area, including setting clear objectives and measures, managing performance and resources, and assessing impact/risk
- Work in partnership with the Heads of Service to ensure there is a whole system approach to safeguarding children
Requirements of the role:
- To be a qualified social worker
- Experience of managing an Early Help Service and significant management experience in social care
- Excellent knowledge of national and local policy contexts that affect services for children and families; including legislation
- HCPC registration and eligibility to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com