Team Manager - MASH Team - Permanent - Haringey - £49,464 - £54,597p/a
We are looking for a qualified social work manager to join Haringey Council as their MASH team manager. They’re a council with high ambitions, working in an environment that is full of energy and focus.
The MASH service is an innovative way of strengthening local safeguarding practice to enable local safeguarding partners to share information and work together. You will work closely with a wide range of professionals from other statutory agencies, voluntary services, and family members, members of the public and children and young people themselves.
The MASH team manager plays a key role by co-ordinating and managing the daily activity in the MASH and maximising the contribution of partners to ensure that operational teams are equipped with the fullest picture when they make contact with children and families to follow up on safeguarding concerns.
- Retention payments
- Generous Annual Leave
- Flexible working
- Flexible retirement
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Generous annual leave
- Learning and development courses at work, including workshops and courses
Your role responsibilities as a MASH Team Manager will include the following:
- Being responsible for the day to day management of the work allocated to your team
- Ensuring social work practice is of the highest standards and has the child’s welfare central to all decision making
- Developing your team members by ensuring they receive regular, reflective case and personal supervision
- Ensuring that HR policy and procedure is adhered to, including robustly and effectively addressing any performance, capability, sickness absence or similar issues.
- Helping the service manager and your fellow team managers to ensure the service provides a forward thinking, responsive service which meets the diverse needs of its service users, by contributing to service strategies, policy and procedures
- To be a qualified social worker
- Post-qualified experience, preferably in a similar setting (social work management)
- Knowledge and understanding of complex child safeguarding, alongside knowledge of relevant legislation
- Evidence of ongoing professional development, as well as either experience or a sound understanding of social worker and/or student supervision, and budget management
- HCPC registration
For any more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org