Senior Practitioner - Assessment and Safeguarding - Darlington - £29 per hour
We require experienced and enthusiastic workers as part of a special project within the Assessment and Safeguarding Teams based at the Town Hall in Darlington. The successful candidates will hold a mixture of cases ranging through CIN, CP and Court cases, although will be expected to hold the more complex cases which is reflected in the level of experience we are looking for.
Darlington aim to limit the amount of cases each worker holds to 18 - we are a small Local Authority, based centrally and as such this makes travelling to meet with families and between locations much easier. We have a good range of services available to support the work with families and good structures in place.
- Special project within the Assessment and Safeguarding Teams based at the Town Hall in Darlington.
- The successful candidates will hold a mixture of cases ranging through CIN, CP and Court cases.
- Darlington aim to limit the amount of cases each worker holds to 18.
- Small Local Authority based centrally which makes travelling to meet with families and between locations much easier.
- Good range of services available to support the work with families and good structures in place.
- Workers will have access to the Local Authority training programme and will be provided with a tablet PC and smart phone as we are fully agile in our working.
- Consideration can be given to additional travelling costs for those workers who intend to travel from out of the area.
- We are also on a direct train route with the train station being close to the office, if this is the preferred or easiest method of travel then consideration can be given to the use of pool / hire cars in the Darlington area.
The ideal Child Protection Social Worker will have experience of:
- Liaising with other professionals
- Relevant legislation
- Holding complex cases
- Working with children on Child Protection Plans, Looked after Children and Children in Need
- Child protection Care proceedings
- Attending Court
- Court Reports
- Working with new Public Law Outline (PLO)
- Section 47s
- Core Assessments
- Child protection meetings
- Case conferences
- Attending LAC Reviews
As a Child Protection Social Worker, you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme