Social Worker - Children's Services - Northumberland - £25 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to join a busy team based in Northumberland. Our client will require a high quality social worker who will be able to work on long-term cases in a fast-paced environment.
Duties will include conducting Core Assessments and working with children who are the subject of Child Protection Plans. You will also be taking on Court Work and manage cases where children are the subject of Care Proceedings. Our work to safeguard children under the Child Protection or Court Frameworks requires staff who are skilled communicators and able to convey difficult information in clear terms to families, or describe complex cases and care plans succinctly in written form.
- Roles based at Berwick which is located close to the Scottish boarder.
- Ideally looking for an experienced social worker however those who have not completed their ASYE but have experience of final placement in a social care team will be considered.
- The team covers the North of the county with strong links to MASH in Bedlington and 2 satellite MASH workers covering duty in the North.
- The team covers CIN, CP, LAC and care proceedings.
- There is good links with early help and multi-agency colleagues.
- The team includes a Team Manager, Duty Manager, Advanced Practitioners, Social Workers and Social Work Assistants.
- Caseloads are 15-25 and there is a case load weighting system in place.
- There is disc parking at no cost to the agency worker.
- Excellent team with good management support.
- The team is strong, stable, excellent informal and formal supports.
The ideal Social Worker will have experience of:
- Liaising with other professionals
- Relevant legislation
- Holding complex cases
- Working with children on Child Protection Plans, Looked after Children and Children in Need
- Child protection Care proceedings
- Attending Court
- Court Reports
- Working with new Public Law Outline (PLO)
- Section 47s
- Core Assessments
- Child protection meetings
- Case conferences
- Attending LAC Reviews
As a Children's Social Worker, you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme