Supervising Social Worker - Independent Fostering Agency - Permanent - Kent - up to £38,000p/a
We are in need of an experienced Fostering Social Worker to join a Fostering Agency in Kent. The Supervising Social Worker within the Social Work Team is a crucial function within the organisation, working with foster carers in their care of children and young people.
The role is responsible for supervising and supporting foster carers within the agency. The role also oversees children and young people placed with these carers as well as promoting and ensuring the provision of high quality, professional services for local authority customers.
The SSW works closely alongside the Placements Officer, Support Services Coordinator and Training Coordinator.
Includes these benefits:
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary
- Holidays and sick pay
As a Supervising Social Worker in a Fostering Team, you will:
- Provide an efficient service to children, young people, their families and fostering families
- Develop practice which takes a holistic view of the individual
- Ensure that all casework and foster care services comply with statutory requirements and regulations
- Liaise with and work in partnership with other agencies and organisations, to support care plans and the work of foster carers
- Participate in an effective referral and allocation system, ensuring that relevant documentation is available and current for children looked after by foster carers
- Attend panels, conferences, reviews and court as required for each case
- Prepare and submit written reports as and when required
- Provide statistics relating to own workload as and when required
As a qualified Social Worker, you will be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Experienced within a fostering service
- The holder of a UK driving license
For further information please email email@example.com