Social Worker - Hospital Discharge - Wandsworth - £28 per hour
St Georges Hospital - Clare House, Blackshaw Road, SW17 7DJ
Wandsworth Department of Adult Social Services is looking for an experienced and committed Social Worker to join The Hospital Social Work Team based within St George’s Hospital, Tooting. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for a new role within a demanding and fast paced but also extremely rewarding field of hospital social work.
As a Social Worker You will have a lead role in promoting the highest standards of practice for Wandsworth residents, admitted to the acute hospital. Your primary role will be to ensure that service users are discharged safely and timely from hospital, ensuring that assessed needs are met in accordance with The Care Act 2014.
Benefits as a Hospital Discharge Social Worker:
- Long term contract
- Competitive pay rate
- Supportive team
- Good transport links
Experience required as a Hospital Discharge Social Worker:
- Hospital social work often requires a response to crisis, so the ability to think quickly, calmly and creatively is needed in this area of social work. The successful candidate will also need to be able to prioritise work according to risk and manage competing demands.
- Strong working knowledge of The Care Act 2014 is essential, specifically areas relating to hospital discharge. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to work with NHS partners in a multidisciplinary setting, demonstrating commitment to achieving excellent outcomes.
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake social care assessments, reviews and support plans. You will need a comprehensive understanding of the Mental Capacity Act 2005, Safeguarding Adults, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and how to apply this legislation in within a hospital setting.
You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.