Social Worker - Looked after Children - South Gloucestershire - Up to £35 per hour
Based in Yate
The post-holder will be responsible for managing a caseload of young people who are moving to independence following being in care. The worker will hold a combined caseload of young people who continue to have LAC status, together with some that are post-18. There will be a strong emphasis on continuity of care, and the post-holder will remain the case manager for the duration of the young person’s involvement with the service.
The post-holder will be skilled in assessment and planning, and be able to engage with potentially a wide range of service providers, to ensure that young people’s needs are well met. The demands of the post will require the worker to be flexible and able to respond to crises as and when they arise.
There will be a strong emphasis on service user involvement, and ensuring that the young person’s views are central to their own plan, and to the service they receive.
The post-holder will require substantial knowledge of issues relevant to young people, and the additional challenges experienced by young people leaving care.
- Flexibility on Working Hours
- Stable Local Authority
- Supportive Team
- Good management
- Regular supervision
- Autonomy in role
- Training opportunities
- Long term contract
As a Looked after Children Social Worker your duties will include:
- Looked After Children Reviews
- Attending Court and Court Reports
- Statutory Visits and Tasks
- Planned Meetings
- Working with Plans of Adoption and Attending Adoption Panels
- Case Management
As a Looked after Children Social Worker, you will be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.