Senior Social Workers - Family Assessment Centre - Wandsworth - £35,248 - £41,666p/a
We have an exciting opportunity for two experienced Social Workers to join one of Wandsworth’s Family Assessment Centres. They are looking for one part time (18 hours per week) and one full time (36 hours per week) Senior Social Worker to work fixed term for an initial 6 months.
The Centre has been judged as 'Good' by Ofsted and undertakes residential and community-based parenting assessments and interventions, with families approaching or subject to court proceedings. The Centre works with children in need in Wandsworth providing assessments for RAS; CLA and CIN services.
You must have the experience and confidence to supervise and monitor the work of less experienced staff, chair meetings, lead networks and liaise with other professionals in related services. Alongside two ATM’s, you will deputise for the Centre/Team.
In return, you will be offered working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include compressed hours, home working (dependent on service need), part-time working, annualised hours and a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays (taken in lieu if you are rota’d to work on a bank holiday).
Benefits of this Permanent Social Work role:
- £3,000 retention payments every 2 years
- Performance related salary progression scheme
- 31 days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- New technology scheme
- Interest-free loans on annual travel cards
- Discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments
- A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered
Your role responsibilities as a Senior Social Worker within a Family Assessment Centre includes:
- Being responsible for case supervision and the packages of intervention, assessment and support provided by the team
- Having sound analysing skills, knowledge and experience of using different models of assessment
- Producing and overseeing the completion of high-quality reports within tight deadlines
- Conducting and overseeing specialist assessments
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of a high-quality service to families using the centre
Essential requirements of the role:
- To be a qualified Social Worker
- Senior / extensive statutory experience
- Significant experience in child & family assessments within court proceedings
- HCPC registration and eligibility to work in the UK
For further information please email email@example.com