Specialist Social Worker - LAC / CWD - Permanent - High Wycombe - up to £46,160p/a
A great vacancy has become available in Buckinghamshire County Council for an enthusiastic Social Worker with experience of Children with Disabilities and Looked after Children to join the Care Services Team based in High Wycombe.
This is a great opportunity for a specialist Children with Disabilities Social Worker. The role will be varied and draw upon both your Looked after Children experience and that of supporting children with disabilities including those who may be on short term breaks or those living permanently away from their home.
With some great bonus payments that can bring the package to almost £50,000 a year whilst enjoying the full benefits of a pension and sick pay, Buckinghamshire County Council is a great place to start or continue your social work career.
We would welcome an application from social workers with a variety of statutory experience, so feel free to get in touch for any further information.
Benefits of working for Buckinghamshire Council include:
- £2,125 bonus payment after a year of work
- Up to £8,000 relocation package
- Up to £600 paid towards Car Allowance
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounts on O2 phone contracts, solicitors, storage and home security
- Flexible working arrangements - apply for different work patterns, sabbaticals & job sharing
- Generous annual leave (22 - 27 days with 5 extra days after 5 years’ service)
- You can apply to buy up to 2 weeks’ additional leave per year
- 5 days' dedicated development & training days a year
- High performance and Contribution Based Pay scheme - exceeding or outstanding performance may also be eligible for a bonus payment
In this role, you will need to:
- Keep children and young people’s lived experiences at the heart of everything you do
- Work collaboratively with and for Buckinghamshire children and families, acknowledging their contribution and building on their strengths
- Remain passionate about keeping children safe and well and focus on making a positive difference every day
- Make sure that everyone’s voice is heard, including children, families, staff and partners, so that your work is reflective, open and has integrity
- Assure the quality of practice and manage performance to inform service improvement and development
You must have:
- A social work qualification and HCPC registration
- Completed your ASYE
- Post-qualified experience in a CWD and/or LAC team/s
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- A UK driving license
To find out more about this position please contact email@example.com