Social Worker - Children with Disabilities Team - Permanent - Haringey - £31,930 - £42,847p/a
We are recruiting on behalf of Haringey Council for an experienced Social Worker to join one of their Children with Disabilities teams. They are currently investing in creating a better borough for all residents, and bettering the lives of children and young people in Haringey is the first priority.
The Disabled Children’s team forms part of the Integrated Service for children who have Special Educational needs and Disabilities. The service works collaboratively with a wide range of professionals from health services, schools and the voluntary sector. Safeguarding disabled children is central to all activity in the service and this process is supported by the threshold of intervention for disabled children endorsed by Haringey’s LSCB.
It is an ambitious service with strong leadership and clear lines of support, providing services which are child focused, innovative and of a high quality. There is a strong commitment to providing learning and development opportunities as well as encouragement towards more creative thinking which is ‘outside of the box’.
Benefits of this Social Work role:
- Flexible working
- Flexible retirement
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Generous annual leave
- Learning and development courses at work, including workshops and courses
Your role responsibilities in this Children with Disabilities team include:
- Providing a social work service for children and young people from birth to eighteen who have a wide range of permanent and substantial disabilities, including children who have complex health needs
- Covering all areas of statutory social work practice, including referral and assessment, children in need, child protection, and children in care as well as court work, leaving care / transition
- Working closely with the short break services to ensure that children and their families are supported at home where ever possible
- To be a fully qualified social worker who has completed the ASYE
- Good statutory experience of working with Children who have disabilities / complex health needs
- HCPC registration and eligibility to work in the UK
For any more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org