Social Work Practitioner - Mental Health Team - Fixed Term - Southend - £44,632 -£49,479p/a
We are looking for a qualified Social Worker, who has experience of working at a Senior Practitioner or Team Manager level, to join an adult's Mental Health Team in Southend-on-Sea.
This Council is a unitary authority based in the heart of the town and offers traditional seaside living that makes it a great place to live and work. This diverse and busy town has great public parks and leisure activities, competitive house pricing and excellent travel links, accessible via 2 train lines form Liverpool St and Fenchurch St.
This 37 hour Consultant Practitioner post supports the delivery of the delegated social care responsibilities, under Section 75 Partnership Arrangements, and in line with the Chief Social Worker’s national Social Work for Better Mental Health programme.
Benefits of this role include:
- Flexible working
- Generous Pension contributions
- Car lease scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
As a Consultant Practitioner in this Adult's Mental Health Team, you will be required to:
- Lead on mental health social work practice for Southend
- De an Approved Mental Health Professional under the Mental Health Act (1983)
- Support leadership, management/supervision and performance of the integrated social work response within adult community mental health services
- Aim to deliver appropriate support in the right place at the right time
- Use a strengths-based perspective
- Inspire the team to engage in innovative practice via modelling best practice and a visionary approach
- A social work qualification and HCPC registration
- Extensive post-qualified experience within mental health service/s
- Have previously / currently work at a Senior Practitioner / TM level with supervisory/managerial responsibility
- Experience in managing budgets would be desirable
For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org