Part Time Social Worker - Adult Learning Disabilities - Permanent - Southend - £31,371 - £36,876p/a
Working hours: 22.5 hours per week
A skilled Social Worker is required to fill a permanent, part time role within the Adult Learning Disability Team at Southend Council. The Learning Disability team has statutory responsibility to complete assessments, provide support plans and services and to review these on a regular basis. The successful social worker will undertake Care Act assessments and will support and review adults with a Learning Disability via Self Directed Support with a view to supporting them to achieve greater levels of independence and to achieve agreed outcomes.
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council employs around 1,700 staff, who work together to deliver a wide range of services that meet the needs of those who live, work and visit the area. They provide a range of vital services at the heart of the community, as well as investing in exciting and ambitious projects that keep Southend-on-Sea firmly on the map.
The successful candidate will have significant support from the Team Manager, 2 Practice Leaders and social work colleagues, many of whom have significant experience of working with adults with a Learning Disability.
Benefits of this Social Work role:
- Flexible working
- Generous pension contributions
- Car lease scheme
- Training and development opportunities
A Learning Disability Social Worker will be expected to:
- Carry out assessments, reviews and implementing care plans dealing with safeguarding cases
- Advocate on behalf of service users
- Commission the use of services
- Keep up to date records
- Attend team meetings
- Undertake mental capacity assessments
Requirements of the role:
- To be a qualified social worker who is registered with the HCPC
- Use a strengths-based approach to social work practice and be able to work closely with all partners
- Have excellent awareness of self and others
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org