Senior Practitioner - MASH Team - Permanent - Stevenage - up to £42,813p/a
Part time hours will be considered and can be discussed at interview
We are looking for an experienced Senior Social Worker to work in Hertfordshire Children’s Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) as a Senior Practitioner.
The Hertfordshire MASH service brings together Police, Probation, Safeguarding Nurses and Children’s Services staff together to work as a team; sharing information to make decisions about the best way to safeguard and meet the needs of vulnerable children in Hertfordshire.
The role of Senior Practitioner within the MASH is an exciting and unique role, split between supervising Children's Information and Advice Officers, Social Workers, being a valued part of the Management Team as well as contributing to the robust decision making required for the fast pace nature of the MASH.
Benefits of this Senior role:
- Competitive salary up to £42,813 per year depending on experience (includes Market Forces payment of up to £3,000 + £1,000 Welcome Payment)
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6,000
- Car lease scheme
- Free parking at all of our sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare vouchers
- Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
MASH Social Work duties include the following:
- Dealing with contacts and referrals sent by members of the public and professionals to Children’s Services for a safeguarding response
- Where the MASH team consider that the child’s welfare will be better met by early help services, ensuring referrals get to the most appropriate teams
- Informing professional referrers the outcome of their request for a safeguarding assessment
Requirements of the role:
- A Social Work qualification with post qualifying experience
- A proven record of supervising staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- HCPC registration and eligibility to work in the UK
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org