Social Worker - Mental Health -Wandsworth - £28 - £30 per hour
We require an experienced Social Worker to work in a Mental Health Team in Wandsworth.
As a Social Worker you will undertake assessments of individual and carers needs and risks to encourage independence, provide support and prevent harm. This includes promoting a multi-agency approach by developing and maintaining effective working relationships. Successful candidates will require previous statutory mental health experience.
Benefits as a Mental Health Social Worker:
- Long term contract
- Competitive pay rate
- Supportive team
- Good transport links
Responsibilities as a Mental Health Social Worker:
- To undertake statutory intervention where service users are deemed to be at risk, including situations where people may be neglected or abused in accordance with the Inter-Agency Policy and Procedures for Safeguarding Adults
- To work in partnership with service users and carers using a person-centred approach, with the aim of maximising independence, wellbeing and choice.
- To hold a caseload appropriate to the level of expertise and provide support and expert advice to social care assessors, students and partners.
- To provide advice, information and guidance to service users and carers ensuring that that support plans and other information regarding individual care packages is shared with the service user, carers and other agencies as required in accordance with the Council's policies and procedures including those on data protection
- To facilitate service user choice and empowerment through promoting independence and the personalisation agenda through all stages of assessment, support planning and review to enable service users to maintain independence for as long as possible
- To monitor implementation of packages of care and support and adjust them as appropriate and to ensure that individual care packages, including funding arrangements for any services, are thoroughly reviewed in accordance with statutory requirements and Council policy to ensure highest quality of service and best value.
- To apply social work ethical principles and values to guide professional practice and respect diversity and apply critical reflection and analysis to inform professional decisions and use supervision to promote continuous professional development
- To ensure that information is recorded consistently, accurately and meets statutory timescales. To ensure that service user confidentiality is maintained and that information is shared with the service user, care and other agencies in accordance with the Department's data protection requirements.
You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Qualified as a Social Worker
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.