Youth Offending Service Officer - YOT - Barking and Dagenham - £27 per hour
We are looking for a Youth Offending Service Officer to join Barking and Dagenham YOT.
In this role as a Youth Offending Service Officer you will attend Youth Courts (when trained and as required) and provide court duty cover for Saturdays and Bank Holidays on a rota basis. You will also participate in regular supervision, staff development and training as appropriate to ensure effective service delivery, and take a full role in team meetings.
Benefits as a Youth Offending Service Officer:
- Flexible working
- Weekly pay
- Dedicated consultant
Duties as a Youth Offending Service Officer:
- Undertake assessments and prepare reports of young people referred to the Youth Offending Service.
- Manage a range of complex, multi-agency cases.
- Provide structured intervention programmes.
- To work with partner agencies and voluntary organisations in the provision of alternative ways of supporting young people and their families.
- To hold case responsibility for young people and provide specialist advice, counselling and support (emotional, social and practical) to individuals as well as families.
- To maintain accurate up-to-date records using IT systems, where appropriate.
- To be prepared to work outside normal office hours in accordance with the needs of young people and the service.
- To provide direction and support to sessional workers, mentors and volunteers who contribute to the direct intervention programmes of the Youth Offending Service.
- To supervise YOS staff’s case management, report work and structured intervention programmes.
- To provide regular supervision, staff development and training as appropriate to ensure effective service delivery.
- Take the lead with regard to specific areas of development.
- Contribute to organisational development, innovation and change.
You MUST be:
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Qualified as a Youth Offending Service Officer
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive criminal justice knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of youth work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each youth officer you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.