Team Manager - Looked After Children - Northamptonshire - £42,527 - £49,968pa
We are looking for a Team Manager to join a LAC Service in Northamptonshire. In this role you will be responsible for supporting new ASYE Social Workers and co-working and shadowing cases. You will also complete court reports and LAC reviews - section 20 care orders.
We are an innovative county council with a fresh, energetic approach. By working with us you will help to create brighter futures for the children of Northamptonshire.
Your benefits working for Northamptonshire as a LAC Team Manager include:
- Bonus payment of £2200
- High quality professional supervision
- A bespoke induction package
- Family friendly and flexible working arrangements
- Up to £8000 relocation package
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- A generous annual leave entitlement (up to 40 days)
- Defined career progression and pathway opportunities
Responsibilities as a LAC Team Manager:
- To lead, manage and direct a Northamptonshire County Council social care team for children and young people, including statutory child protection and regulated adoption and fostering services to ensure that all children who are the responsibility of the relevant area team or centrally based service are safeguarded.
- To improve outcomes for children and young people in receipt of these services who are looked after by the local authority, deemed to be children in need or in need of protection from significant harm (as defined by the 1989 Children Act) and therefore are amongst the most vulnerable in society.
- To deliver the Northamptonshire County Council's statutory responsibilities to safeguard and promote the welfare of these children.
You must be:
- HCPC registered with significant post-qualifying experience of child protection
- Able to demonstrate significant experience of decision making and risk management in complex situations relating to the application of children's legislation
- An experienced leader, with experience of managing the performance of individuals and teams
- Able to demonstrate you can effectively analyse the workloads of others and ensure prioritisation is carried out accordingly
- Skilled in the management of budgets
- Able to develop multi-agency partnerships and work effectively in this environment
- Skilled in collaborative working, modelling good practice and setting expectations for others
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org