Senior SEND Officer - Bradford - £30 per hour
My client in Bradford is looking for a senior SEND Officer to draft accurate and concise EHCPs within the specified statutory timescales based on the written advice provided. The role will also involve scrutinising and quality assuring annual reviews of EHCPs in a timely manner providing clear, written feedback to schools; to attend annual reviews where necessary including schools out of Bradford.
* Leading own team
* Competitive pay
* Lead by strong management
Responsibiltiies of the Role:
* Under the supervision of the Team Manager, 0-25 Integrated Assessment, to prepare and present cases to the EHC Panel regarding placement and support for pupils with SEND and promote inclusion in the educational setting, through liaison with schools, other LAs and parents as necessary.
* To prepare individual cases and present them as the representative of Bradford.
* To work in partnership with parents in relation to individual pupil cases, to offer a listening ear, showing empathy and support at all times; to liaise with the Parent Partnership Service and the local Mediation Service where necessary to support a solution focussed approach to resolving casework.
* In the course of casework, to develop positive professional relationships with all the schools/settings that you come into contact with in respect of SEND processes, ensuring schools/settings are fully compliant with their duties and to signpost them where necessary to other relevant practitioners.
* To work collaboratively with a range of professional colleagues within Bradford Council, and Casework Officers across the 0-25 Integrated Assessment Team as well as partners from other agencies such as health and social care to ensure that EHCPs and annual reviews are fully compliant.
* From time to time, to assist in the planning or provision of training/support for parents or a range of professionals both within Children's Services and in outside agencies in relation to SEND processes.
* To ensure that appropriate and timely responses are made to requests for
* information and reports from a variety of sources.
* SEND experience
* SENCO or Deputy Heads of schools experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.