Service Manager - Adult Social Care - Essex - £57,000 - £65,000 Per Annum
An experienced service manager is required to join one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK.
We're transforming how we deliver adult social care across the county to help as many adults live the life they want, now and in the future. In line with the Care Act, and following a recent organisational redesign, we are shifting our emphasis to prevention. As a Service Manager, you'll be responsible for operational delivery of Adults Social Care in our South Quadrant which covers Basildon, Billericay, Brentwood, Castlepoint, Rochford. This region is particularly unique with two hospitals (Southend Hospital and Basildon Hospital), three Clinical Commissioning Groups and two unitary authorities sitting either side of the region. This role is offering a wide range of scope and variety in the projects you could undertake.
Benefits of this Service Manager Role:
* Generous annual leave
* Government pension
* Flexible working
* Clear career development path
Duties of this Service Manager Role:
* Provide strategic leadership across the south quadrant to ensure delivery of best possible outcomes for vulnerable adults, enabling them to live healthily, independently safely.
* Develop and lead effective local approaches to integrated working with delivery partners and external agencies which achieve successful delivery of targeted services.Hold responsibility for delivering change within complex environments to promote and implement new ways of working.
* Implement the Social Care objectives which support the wider aims of supporting adults to age well, measuring success through operational impact.
* Work collaboratively with external operational stakeholders and partnerships to develop innovative approaches through maximising potential opportunities for an integrated approach.
* Work collaboratively with statutory and non-statutory/voluntary agencies ensuring a joined up approach which facilitates the authorisation and purchasing of appropriate services.
* Accountable for working within the statutory legal framework, policy and guidance in line with legislative and organisational standards within the Care Act 2015
* Responsible for the delivery of services within the agreed budget, highlighting risks and issues and non-compliance to agreed contract standards.
* Work collaboratively with Commissioners, external partners and stakeholders to ensure quality solutions meet customer needs / outcomes and use resources effectively
* Current registration HCPC
* Eligibility to work in the UK
* Full UK licence holder
* Post-qualified experience
For more information please contact email@example.com