Social Worker - Adults Intermediate Care - Southwark - £27.27 per hour
We require an experienced social worker to work in a Adults Intermediate Care Service in Southwark. This service provides integrated health and social care in the community to reduce admissions to hospital, facilitate early discharge and reduce the need for long term care services by providing the services within the home. Intermediate Care Southwark incorporates the Urgent Response and Rehab & Reablement functions.
In this role as a social worker you will be responsible for working with the person, carers and other professionals as necessary in order to facilitate the stated functions of the Reablement Service. This includes the undertaking of goal setting visits, Care Act assessment, mental capacity assessment, support planning, reviews and following up on initial safeguarding concern by assessing risk and ensuring there is appropriate protection plan prior to transferring case to long term team.
Benefits as a Adults Intermediate Care Social Worker:
* Long term contract
* Competitive pay rate
* Supportive team
Responsibilities as a Adults Intermediate Care Social Worker:
* To provide a social work service to the client group. Responsible for the implementation and co-ordination of complex assessments, the purchase of agreed packages of care, and the monitoring of service contracts in partnership with the client group and agencies and health professionals.
* Responsible for the provision of casework and other social work services.
* To hold a recognised social work qualification and be able to provide evidence of registration to the GSCC.
* Knowledge of key legislation relevant to professional social care work
* Knowledge of the functions of a health and social care department and related agencies
* Knowledge of methods to plan and review services for the client group
* Knowledge of social diversity and equal opportunities and the ability to demonstrate this throughout all aspects of practice
* Must have extensive post qualified social work experience required
* Experience of managing a complex case load
* Strong influencing and negotiating skills with clients and other health professionals
* Experience of producing reports for a variety of audiences
* Good IT skills
* Ability to organise and prioritise work and manage time effectively
* Able to work independently and within a team.
* Customer focused
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes