Social Worker - Adults First Contact Team x2 - Staffordshire - £26.50 per hour
We have a role within a First Contact Team for a experienced social worker to undertake telephone care Act Compliant Assessments.
In this role as a Social Worker you will collaborate with other professionals, within Adult Social Care or other organisations, to fully understand need and enable citizens to achieve their outcomes and to be as independent as possible. Previous post qualified statutory experience is required.
Benefits as a Adults First Contact Social Worker:
* Competitive Pay Rate
* Long Term Contract
* Supportive team and management
Responsibilities as a Adults First Contact Social Worker:
* Asset based assessments under the Care Act inclusive of all statutory functions articipation on the inter-agency best interest assessor rota for adults using person centred thinking tools to inform the assessment
* Develop a collaborative relationship with citizens, their representatives, and any professionals involved in their support, promoting positive expectations of what citizens can achieve, understanding their talents, wishes and feelings.
* As part of the assessment process, undertake purposeful interaction with citizens, families and other professionals to understand the needs and strengths of the individual, their network of relationships and their capacity to consent.
* Support and mentor Social Care Assessors by actively engaging in peer group discussions about cases, to inform practice; and to identify the need for and provide professional interventions.
* Analyse information to understand risks and develop strategies to explain, avoid or manage risk appropriately.
* Negotiate and agree appropriate, tangible and realistic outcomes with citizens and families.
Knowledge and Experience as a Adults First Contact Social Worker:
* Experience of planning personalised individual support with adults.
* Understanding of the legislative and policy context of services for adults including case law and findings from enquiries.
* Knowledge of adult physical, intellectual emotional and social development and family dynamics.
* Knowledge and some experience of applying the Mental Capacity Act assessments, Best Interest Assessments.
* Knowledge of mental health legislation including section 117.
* Understanding of the principles of the different funding streams available to support adults.
* Experience of working as part of a team, in developing services and the professional practice of colleagues.
* Experience of enabling individuals and families to develop dynamic options for individuals to progress to independence
Requirements as a Adults First Contact Social Worker:
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
* A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.