Social Worker - Adults Safeguarding - Tower Hamlets - £28 - £30 per hour
We are looking for a social worker to work in a adult safeguarding team in Tower Hamlets.
In this role as a social worker you will manage a complex and diverse caseload of people requiring specialist assessments in order to identify levels of need and outcomes required, promote independence and to ensure they establish the appropriate level of personal budget in order to meet their support needs.
Benefits as a Adult Safeguarding Social Worker:
* Long term contract
* Competitive pay rate
* Supportive team
Responsibilities as a Adult Safeguarding Social Worker:
* Work with the person, family and carers and specialist professionals, as necessary, to facilitate proportionate holistic assessments (including where appropriate self-assessments) to identify levels of need and outcomes required which will inform the appropriate level of support to help the person optimise their independence and meet their agreed outcomes.
* Manage a complex and diverse caseload within the parameters of the Directorate's agreed policies and procedures, in order to promote personalisation.
* Ensure reablement is promoted to people requiring support with a view to assisting them to regain or increase levels of independence as far as possible
* Ensure those accessing the service, including families and carers, are at the centre of decision making over their support arrangements and that opportunities and capacity for choice and control are optimised and reflected in their assessments and reviews.
* Provide professional advice and guidance to staff in the team, across the Directorate and to professionals from other partner agencies to help inform people's assessments and outcomes within their support plans.
* Lead on cases where a safeguarding concern has been identified and utilise the council's policies and procedures.
* Identify and process any safeguarding and quality of care issues and refer on to the appropriate staff/agency to ensure that clients' welfare is protected and that the quality and standard of support provided is optimised.
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Access to Resources team, third sector brokers and the First Response and Shorter Term Support Services to ensure the smooth transition of clients through the pathway and directorate.
* Initiate and develop joint working with health related agencies (including GPs and Intermediate care), the third sector, local housing providers and other agencies, in order to facilitate co-ordinated, high quality outcomes for people needing support.
* Maintain the Directorate's records by recording assessments and other data accordingly ensuring that all data entered meets the relevant and stated levels of accuracy, quality and timeliness required.
* Contribute to the development of new and existing practices, procedures and initiatives to assist the effective use of Directorate resources and help ensure governmental initiatives, guidance and legislation are appropriately reflected.
* Ensure value for money principles are applied in all areas of service delivery in consultation with supervisor, manager, stakeholders and partner agencies
* Provide professional supervision for students on practice placements with the team, planning a range of work experience, supporting their development, monitoring progress and supporting the embedding of the student's learning in practice.
* In order to deliver flexibility of staff movement and facilitate optimal service delivery, the postholder will be able to, and may be required to, transfer to other equal Social Worker posts within Adult Social Care operational services area.
* Eligible to work in the UK
* HCPC registered Social worker.
* Experience of managing adult safeguarding cases
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.