Social Worker - Mental Health/Forensics - Ealing - £28 per hour
We are looking for an experienced adults social worker to join a mental health/forensics team in Ealing.
In this role you will be responsible for managing a complex case load working with people who have mental health problems. You will also be completing ongoing comprehensive social care assessments and reports as required from pre-admission to discharge stage.
Benefits as a Forensic Social Worker:
* Competitive pay rate
* Stable team
* Good length of contract
Your responsibilities as a Forensic Social Worker:
* Attending and contributing to weekly Ward Rounds and regular CPAs
* Producing high quality, well-argued reports for CPAs, MHTs, Managers Hearings within specific deadlines
* Taking a lead role within the multi-disciplinary teams for Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Adult issues.
* Taking a lead role within the multi-disciplinary teams on non-medical, mental capacity issues and best interest decisions, liaising with external IMCA services where appropriate
* Networking and liaising with a host of external agencies, for example: Probation Service including victim Liaison, MAPPA, Local Authority Social Services, Voluntary and private agencies, Police, MoJ
* Designing and implementing care plans to meet range of patient needs
* Liaising with, and supporting carers and families of detained patients
* Providing patients with 1-1 support on a range of personal matters
* Providing supervision to junior colleagues within the social work department and other professions
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
* A good working knowledge of the relevant legislation
* Experience of working in mental health, ideally in a forensic inpatient setting
* The ability to build effective working relationships with patients, their family members and carers
* To work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
* To produce well-argued reports and provide evidence in formal settings under cross examination
* To understand and champion the social perspective on mental health
You MUST be:
* Qualified as a social worker
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.