Social Worker - Adults Learning Disabilities/Autism - Newham - £28 - £30 per hour
We are looking for a experienced social worker to work in adult learning disabilties/autism team.
Our clients aim is to ensure adults in Newham living with learning disabilities and autism are supported to be safe, independent, healthy and prosperous. In this role as a social worker you will lead on and complete holistic assessments and reviews of the social care and general health needs of individuals with learning disabilities by working in line with the Council's 'Promoting Independence' commitment.
Benefits as a Learning Disabilities Social Worker:
* Long term contract
* Competitive pay rate
* Supportive team
* Flexible working
As a Learning Disabilities Social Worker your responsibilities will be to:
* Assess and review the needs of adults with learning disabilities, autism and their carers
* Using a person centred approach, work with individuals and the support networks to create and implement
* Support plans that enable them to achieve positive outcomes
* Assess risks and with relevant input, devise appropriate risk management plans
* Undertake Mental Capacity Assessments and participate in associated Best interests decision processes
* Participate in Continuing Health Care Assessment processes
* Participate in Transforming Care processes
* Undertake safeguarding adults enquiries and contribute to safeguarding adults processes
* Provide advice to families and carers in support of people living with learning disabilities and autism
* Sound knowledge of the Care Act 2014, Statutory Policy/Guidance on Safeguarding Adults, Mental Capacity Act 2005 is necessary for this role. Also of relevance is the ability to identify when deprivation of liberty is occurring and seek the right guidance on how to address it.
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker