Director of Children's Social Care - Middlesbrough - £400 to £450 per day
The post holder's principal responsibility is to work collaboratively with colleagues and partners to ensure delivery of the Mayor's vision and all the principal outcomes of the Council's leadership team. The post holder also has lead responsibility for protecting and safeguarding vulnerable adults and children and, wherever possible, seeking to enable a safe environment that reduces dependency on services.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
* A proven track record of consistent and demonstrable achievement at a senior management level within an organisation of comparable scope and complexity and with a developed understanding of the issues facing Children's Services.
* A demonstrable track record of leading, motivating and managing teams to achieve high performing and significant, sustainable service improvements and outstanding results, through internal and external partnerships.
* Evidence of establishing a performance management culture to drive continuous improvement, including service planning, target setting, performance appraisal and the management of staff groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To lead, manage and take overall responsibility for the work of safeguarding of children and adults
* Determining and enabling the delivery of effective services which deliver improved outcomes for children, young people and their families
* Ensuring that the services provided reach the children and adults they need to in a timely way, keep children and adults safe and support families to remain together wherever this is in the child's best interests
* To ensure that when children are in public care that the quality of services is good, offer value for money and support positive outcomes for children as well as meeting statutory and regulatory requirements
* To lead on the development of new initiatives that innovate services built on best practice models with demonstrable outcomes and grounded in the needs of Middlesbrough and shaped by the voices of services users
* To contribute substantially to the planning, implementation and development of the programme of change for children's services throughout Middlesbrough in order to achieve a culture and practise of child focused services that enable children who are vulnerable to receive the support they need from a range of agencies in a timely and effective way, wherever possible focusing on prevention and early help.
* To develop and embed a culture of performance management that promotes positive social work professional standards, ensures that there is strong and owned quality assurance, that continual self-improvement and reflection are key a part of the culture and that the voices of children shape the services that are delivered
* Responsible for ensuring the appropriate risk, financial and service management arrangements for the Service area are in place
* To promote equality and diversity across the Service
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.