Social Worker - Community Learning Disabilitires Team - Merton - £28 per hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Merton community learning disabilities team to join the transitions service as a transitions social worker. We are looking for 2 enthusiastic and committed Social Workers to join the Community Integrated Learning Disability Team. The Transitions Post Holder is an essential role because you will be working with young people who are moving from Children's services into Adult services and supporting them to prepare for adulthood.
As a successful candidate you will be responsible for managing a range of cases for young people, supporting them and their families throughout their transition into adulthood. The responsibilities will include joint working with Children's Services and SEN, developing Transition support plans for young people, undertaking reviews, completing carer's and adult needs assessments, attending LAC review meetings, carrying out Safeguarding investigations and attending relevant meetings with partner agencies and attending court hearings if required.
Benefits as a Learning Disabilities Social Worker:
* Long term contract
* Competitive pay rate
* Supportive team
Responsibilities as a Learning Disabilities Social Worker:
* You will have the skills to respond appropriately to unexpected events and crisis and have the ability to recognise signs of harm, abuse and neglect and how to manage these issues.
* You will work to the Adult Social Care operational principles in order to provide high quality and effective social work support, delivering excellent strengths based assessment, intervention, care planning and Social Work service to all customers in either a community or hospital setting
* You will manage and monitor a workload of cases of varying complexity and organise work activities taking into account the need to prioritise tasks and responsibilities, ensuring statutory responsibilities are undertaken
* You will undertake interviews, Mental Capacity Act assessments, observations and gather information from adults with learning disabilities, informal networks and other agencies to analyse summarise and evaluate the information to provide a holistic assessment of needs, balancing risk and protective factors.
You MUST be:
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledg
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.