Social Worker - Adults Community - Luton - £28 per hour
Our client in Luton are looking for a social worker to join the Community Adults Team based in Clemitson House, Luton.
The Adult Social Care Division exists to promote the independence, inclusion and well-being of all adults with social care needs. It aims to do this by enabling people to:
* Have control over their lives.
* Live safe, healthy and fulfilled lives.
* Have an active role in a stronger and prosperous community.
* Access the support they need in order to be as independent as they choose.
In this team as an experienced social worker you will promote the independence of adults and older people in need of community care services and their carers by assessing their needs, promoting enablement and reablement, providing equipment and support and arranging personal budgets or person centred care services for those with long term needs. This will include adults with physical disabilities, sensory impairment, dementia and related problems and other residents with multiple needs at risk of harm or neglect, and their carers, in accordance with the statutory responsibilities of the Local Authority.
Benefits as a Community Social Worker:
* Long term contracts
* Supportive team
As a Community Social Worker you will be expected to:
* Receive and co-ordinate complex referrals, undertake the resulting assessments including where appropriate Approved Mental Health Practitioner (AMHP) and Best Interest Assessor (BIA) and carers assessments
* Coach and mentor Social Care Assessors who are undertaking assessments, support planning and review tasks
* Influence the direction of future services.
* You will be expected to provide leadership on risk and safeguarding matters and to promote personalised care pathways ensuring choice and control for all eligible individuals.
* You will be expected to work with others to influence and shape the local environment, to promote social inclusion and accessibility and ensure that identified needs are understood individually, by locality and fed into strategic commissioning.
* Social Work England Registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Qualified as a social worker with previous adults experience
* Full UK licence holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.