Social Worker - Children in Care - Haringey - £32,548 - £43,684 per annum
We are interested in recruiting a qualified social worker to join our well-established Young People in Care team.
In this role as a social worker you will be an experienced social worker who has knowledge of the child's journey through care and understand the role of corporate parent in care planning for looked after children, particularly in regard to ascertaining the voice of the child. Experience in meeting the needs of looked after children is key. Most of the children on your case load with be looked after by us and it will be your role is to ensure that their needs are met within the devolved role of corporate parent.
You will be supported by an experienced and stable management group who offer regular supervision. There is a focus on staff development and a rolling programme of training is in place. Most of our senior practitioners and team managers have progressed from newly qualified social workers during their employment with us. Similarly, several of our staff have embarked on external degree courses.
Haringey is a richly diverse borough located in the north of London with a population of approximately 250,000 people and a growing population of 0-19 year olds (we also pay host to a famous football team). The Children and Young People's Service offices are centrally located in the centre of Wood Green in London with and situated opposite Wood Green tube station which offers excellent transit routes nationally and within London. Lunchtime shopping is provided by major retailers along with numerous cafés and restaurants within walking distance.
Haringey is a forward thinking local authority, which has just completed an OFSTED inspection where the progress we have made was acknowledged as was our commitment to achieving excellence going forward. Our teams have passion, integrity and commitment, and the people that work here strive for continuous improvement in their practice, aiming high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our children and young people.
Benefits as a Leaving Care Social Worker:
* Competitive salary.
* We're committed to supervision, support and continuing professional development.
* We have a clear career progression structure in place, supported by a developing approach to succession planning.
* In terms of training and support, everything is being geared up to help make sure you are as successful as you can be.
Responsibilities as a Leaving Care Social Worker:
* Completing pathway plans
* Promoting independent living skills for people aged between 16-21 years leaving care, which involves achieving appropriate accommodation, training, education and employment
* Managing a high caseload
* Statutory reviews
* Employment assessments
* Duty work
* Managing the leaving care grant
* Working with care leavers, unaccompanied asylum seeking children, age assessments and child and family assessments
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
* Completed ASYE
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org