Social Worker - Leaving Care - Hillingdon - £33,948-£42,684 per annum
We are recruiting for a Social Worker / Senior Social Worker to work in a Leaving Care Team in Hillingdon.
In this role as a Senior Social Worker you will work with children following the conclusion of care proceedings or subject to s20 and managing long term intervention and care planning. To be successful in this role candidates must have previous statutory experience.
This role is suitable for qualified social workers and senior social workers.
Benefits as a LAC Senior Social Worker:
* Generous holiday allowance (subject to grade)
* Up to £2k retention allowance
* Free car parking
* Car pool or mileage allowance
* Mobile working with a smart-phone and laptop
* Season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers
* Salaries in the top quartile
* Practice Educators allowance of £1.8k
Duties of a LAC Senior Social Worker:
* Social workers manage a wider, increasingly complex social work caseload including safeguarding, with more autonomy.
* Social workers will demonstrate expertise in one or more areas of social work practice.
* Use range of frameworks for assessment and intervention.
* Provide support for trainees and other employees, including acting as a 'buddy' for inductees.
* Social workers take responsibility for obtaining regular, effective supervision from appropriate Social Worker to ensure effective practice, critical reflection and career development.
* Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and use of knowledge related to area of practice, including critical awareness of current issues and new evidence-based practice research.
* Recognise discriminatory practices and appropriately challenge service users, colleagues and senior staff.
* Social workers maintain knowledge of current team plan and of own contribution in delivering this.
* Demonstrate awareness and compliance with required Standards including the Social Work Professional Capabilities Framework (Social Work level).
* Social workers clearly report and record judgements, decisions and analysis using the appropriate system (Protocol / AIS).
* Knowledge and skills for child and family social workers
* Social work degree or equivalent
* Social Work England Registration
* Enhanced DBS
* Completed ASYE
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org