Social Worker - Children With Disabilities - Achieving for Children (Chessington Office) - £33,948 - £40,728 per annum
We are recruiting for an experienced social worker to work in a children with disabilities service in Chessington.
Achieving for Children recognise these are unprecedented times, but we continue to build capacity to support our most vulnerable groups. To do this we are continuing to attract talented professionals to join us as we continue to provide OUTSTANDING (Kingston ILACS Ofsted 2019) services.
We now want to support our services to continue to achieve and we need outstanding social workers to join us. We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate social workers who have the drive to make a positive difference to children's lives. By recognising and championing strengths we know that we can make a real difference. It's a genuine team effort in AfC. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help create a brighter future for children and families.
About the Role
The Children with Disabilities Team work with children from the initial referral through to a child becoming looked after or seeking care orders, if that is the required pathway.
There are so many benefits from working with children from the beginning of their journey all the way through to everything that they need, sometimes until adulthood and we are looking for a Social Worker that has the passion to work within this area of Social Care and who will enjoy the variety of work that this team brings.
Benefits as a Children With Disabilities Social Worker:
* Generous annual leave entitlements
* Free or reduced parking rates
* Cycle to work scheme
* Annual season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
* Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
* A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
* A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
* Tools and models to support , including Signs of Safety
* Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
* Regular whole service away days
As a Social Worker in the Children with Disabilities team within Achieving for Children, you will be responsible for:
* Assessing the needs of children and their families in accordance with the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need and their families within statutory timescales.
* Develop Child in Need, Child Protection and Children Looked After plans, and participate in relevant Child in Need meetings, Children Looked After meetings and core group meetings.
* Use a range of interventions to engage children, young people and their families in working towards the objectives of their individual care plans.
* Building strong and respectful working relationships both with our families but also with partners.
* Social Work England Registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Previous children with disabilities experience
* Post qualified social work experience
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org