Social Worker - Children and Families - Coventry - £37,849 per annum
Join Coventry as an experienced Social Worker and you will be delivering on the ground social care to support families to devise and implement care plans to ensure children can live at home safely and intervene where they can't.
You will bring your ideas and suggestions to drive our challenging journey of improvement and put Coventry on the map for delivering more positive outcomes. You'll build on the progress Coventry has made in the last two years, and work with colleagues who are passionate about the city, it's people, and its exciting prospects. You will be handling complex but manageable caseloads whilst helping delivery of a strategy that puts children and young people at the beginning, middle, and end of everything we do, with all the support and resources you need to do it.
Benefits of working in Coventry:
* Competitive salary and Pension Scheme
* Relocation Package for new starters of up to £8K
* An extensive Training Programme and investment in your professional development with close links to universities
* A clear career structure
* Family-friendly working environment and a commitment to good work/life balance
* Regular Supervision and support
* Excellent management support and manageable caseloads
* Health and Wellbeing programmes
* Car Leasing facility
* Wider Wallet employee Benefit scheme offering discounts nationally and locally
* Refund for re-registration of current HCPC Certificate Deductions from salary benefits include:
* Prudential AVC's/Westfield Health/Simply Health/Credit Union/Give as You Earn Scheme/Travel Passes Salary Sacrifice Scheme benefits include:
* MyCar scheme - salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, the benefit of driving a brand-new low-cost car for up to 3 years for an all-inclusive, fixed monthly gross cost (must complete probationary successfully)
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Holiday purchase scheme which enables employees to purchase up to 74 hours (pro-rata) additional leave (subject to the needs of the service and manager approval)
Job duties as a Social Worker:
* To be responsible for complex caseloads allocated by a team manager which may include complex case assessment and supervision, including planned intensive interventions of looked after children, parents, carers, child protection, and children in need.
* Implement, monitor, and review plans within multi-agency meetings relating to the assessed complex needs of children, young people, and their families/courts in all cases.
* Develop effective working partnerships with those within their families, carers, and significant others in the light of the child/young person.
* Liaise and work with other professionals and agencies to achieve optimal outcomes for children and young people, and that services are 'joined up' in approach.
* Maintain performance and develop practice and experience in line with personal targets as agreed with line manager through supervision.
* Work to the agreed quality standard for the service.
* To maintain personal and professional training and development to meet the challenging demands of the job.
* Compile reports to case conferences and court/statutory panels in accordance with statutory procedures and practice.
As a Social Worker, you will be/have:
* Social Work England Registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS disclosure
For more information please email email@example.com