Social Worker - Fund Advisor - Birmingham - £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Liquid Personnel have partnered with a global construction company, to provide an experienced adult social worker. The ideal social worker will have experience across the charitable and voluntary sector, along with statutory experience.
Purpose of the role as a Adults Social Worker:
* Grants aid to individuals who, by reason of age or physical disability, are unable to be fully self-supporting and are in need of financial assistance. Exclusively for former employees, their widowed spouses, disabled or minor children in the home.
Benefits as a Adults Social Worker:
* Company car
* Excellent salary
* Work from home full time
* Clear route of progression
* Work for an award winning, global business
Experience required as a Adults Social Worker:
* Extensive experience gained in a setting where social care services are provided to older people and/or people with disabilities.
* Experience of care practice and relevant and up to date knowledge of the NHS & Care Act
* Proven ability to self-manage casework, prioritise a workload and to practice sound time management principles.
* Up to date broad knowledge of the State Benefits system.
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Experience and knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Share Point
* Up to date, clean driving licence.
* The willingness to travel to Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Desirable experience as a Adults Social Worker:
* Knowledge of accessing resources for older people and those with disabilities.
* Office Management and supervisory experience.Good numerical skills and budget management.
* Understanding of Charitable objectives of said organisation
* Knowledge of local resources
About the role:
* To develop referrals and applicants to the Fund through contacts with the Human Resources and Pension Department of Crane Ltd, its subsidiaries and former employees and their dependants.
* Conduct assessments of applicants' socioeconomic needs and circumstances through home visits and determine the applicants' eligibility for assistance from the Fund.
* Conduct annual visits to current Fund recipients to determine continued eligibility for the Fund and appropriateness of payment level.
* Prepare reports of interviews and recommendations for the Fund Committee of Trustees for those new applicants deemed eligible for the Fund and current recipients requiring a change in their payment level or status with the Fund.
* Provide advice, support and guidance for individuals and families visited regarding other benefits and services available to them through government and community resources; offer support in coping with the problems associated with aging.
* To see that helpful and professional advice is given and all those visited receive a quality and standard of service to achieve as consistent and equitable approach as possible.
* Provide an approachable service to ex-employees and their widows and ensure individuals are assessed on their own merits and are not stereotyped or discriminated against.
* Maintain records on all Fund applicants and recipients and coordinate all administrative and banking information the UK regional.
* Ensure that client information and records are kept updated and that the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 are met, including the requirement to ensure that all computer and hard copy information is kept secure and confidential.
You MUST be:
* Registered with Social Work England
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Previous qualified social work experience
* Qualified as a social worker
For more information please email email@example.com