Social Worker - Referral & Assessment - Royal Borough of Kingston - £33,948 - £42,684 per annum
We have a new opportunity available in Kingston for an experienced social worker / senior social worker to work in a referral and assessment team. This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to join a lively, engaging, and outward-facing team.
In this role our teams respond to all children's social care referrals received by the single point assessment team (SPA). As a senior social worker you will receive referral and assessment investigate concerns about a child's safety or well-being, make an assessment of the risk and protective factors in the family and decide on the most appropriate course of action. Within the teams you will support children and their families that need care and support and find the best solutions for their situation to preserve the child's safety within their family and the local community.
This team has a collaborative approach to their work and hold weekly Signs of Safety group supervisions where all take part and support each other in identifying strengths, worries and to plan for their involvement. The managers in these teams are proactive and supportive, and will often join social workers on home visits, difficult meetings, and at court.
In addition, we have recently introduced an exciting, bespoke 'hub model' funded through our Partner in Practice work. This model encourages social workers, family support workers systemic family therapists to work in partnership, driving down caseloads, and collaborating on cases.
This role is suitable for qualified social workers and senior social workers.
Benefits as a Referral and Assessment Social Worker:
* Generous annual leave entitlements
* Free or reduced parking rates
* Cycle to work scheme
* Annual season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
* Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
* A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
* A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
* Tools and models to support, including Signs of Safety
* Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
* Regular whole service away days
The ideal candidate will be able to:
* Demonstrate excellent customer care in a child and family environment be passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of children and young people.
* Demonstrate their knowledge of gathering evidence through the use of direct tools to help determine to children and which will inform assessments.
* In addition you would have a degree in Social Work, be Registered with Social Work England, and have completed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE).
* Eligibility to work in the UK
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org