Team Manager - Safeguarding Team - Haringey - Up to £53,163 Per Annum
Working Hours: 36 Hours Per Week
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced social worker to undertake a permanent and exclusive role as team manager within a safeguarding team for a client based in Haringey. Haringey has been through a journey of improvement over the past ten years, with continued aspirations to fulfil the first corporate priority of enabling every child the best start in life.
Benefits as a Team Manager:
* Competitive salary of up to £52,163 per annum
* We're committed to supervision, support and continuing professional development.
* We have a clear career progression structure in place, supported by a developing approach to succession planning.
* In terms of training and support, everything is being geared up to help make sure you are as successful as you can be.
Duties as a Team Manager:
* To be responsible for the management of the team and ensure that the service provided is of the highest professional standard and is responsive to legislative requirements as well as corporate and national priorities.
* To be responsible for all the work held within the team and to ensure that it is prioritised and allocated promptly within the available resources.
* To ensure the team's record keeping is maintained to a high standard and that managerial decisions are taken and recorded promptly within the appropriate frameworks
* To chair a range of practice meetings, including strategy meeting, core group meetings, monitoring the performance of agreed tasks for all participants.
* To provide regular, high quality, challenging and reflective supervision of staff within agreed timescales and according to the departmental policy.
* To be responsible for evaluating staff performance, including conducting probationary assessments, performance appraisals, sickness absence procedures and any other relevant procedures.
* To promote staff learning and development including practice learning within the team and post-qualifying training for registered social workers and managers.
* To facilitate and direct as necessary partnership with parents, carers, other professionals and partner agencies to ensure the best outcomes for children and young people.
* To develop a service consistent with models of partnership working with other agencies, children and their families and to enable children to stay safely at home wherever possible.
* To work with managers in and across the Children and Young people's Service to ensure children receive a seamless and holistic response to their needs.
* To authorise, monitor, and review financial commitments ensuring they meet children's needs, are within costs limits, adhere to Best Value principles, and to contribute to the identification of any resource shortages and efficiencies.
* To implement the service business plan, ensuring that team members are clear about their individual and collective contribution towards achieving the objectives, targets, and standards contained within it and to manage performance against these.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience within
For more information please contact email@example.com