Social Worker - Care Leavers/CM16+ Team - Southend-On-Sea Borough Council - Up to £36,876 per annum
(Care Leavers & UASC Team)
Liquid Personnel is currently looking to recruit a permanent qualified social worker to work within the CM16+ Team. The successful candidate is required to provide professional and comprehensive casework to a caseload of young people appropriate to experience and capabilities.
This role is based in the heart of the town centre offering traditional seaside living that makes it a great place to live and work. This diverse and busy town has great public parks and leisure activities, competitive house pricing, and excellent travel links, accessible via 2 train lines from Liverpool St and Fenchurch Street. The council is ambitious for the future of Southend-on-Sea and is working with local partners and local communities to ensure we deliver our exciting ambition for 2050.
Benefits as a Social Worker:
* Relocation grant of up to £8,000
* Welcome Payment of £1000 upon joining and a subsequent retention payment of £2000 per year.
* Flexible working
* Salary car sacrifice scheme
* Excellent training and development opportunities.
* Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
* Savings of up to £900 on childcare vouchers
* Car scheme that allows workers to drive new, fully maintenance, an insured car at a lower cost
Responsibilities as a Social Worker:
* The post holder will be responsible for working with looked after children to prepare them for independence (care leavers) along with unaccompanied asylum-seeking children (UASC).
* You will be required to make sure every young person will have a professional and comprehensive Pathway Plan/Pathway Needs Assessment & Risk Assessment - This post offers the opportunity for a worker to develop their knowledge and skills and to be creative in their work within the community.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org