Social Worker - Children in Need Team - Harrow - Up to £40,482 Per Annum
A Children in Need team social worker is needed for my client's team in Harrow. This is a permanent post for successful candidates who will enjoy a good salary and a range of work benefits. Good knowledge of children's services must be demonstrated.
Benefits of this Social Worker Role:
* £1,500 market supplement
* £3,000 retention bonus after 3 years of service
* Relocation packages of up to £6,000
* Season ticket loan
About the Role:
* To be the allocated Social Worker to complete assessments for children in need, including those in need of protection, children looked after, those subject to public care proceedings and, where directed by the Court, children subject to private law proceedings
* To be responsible for the assessment, planning, monitoring, and review functions for all allocated children and families.
* To be conversant with operational and practice issues pertaining to the delivery of frontline social work services for children, young people, and their Parents/Carers.
* To undertake Initial and Core Assessments of children and families in accordance with the Assessment Framework, ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner and include an analysis of the needs and circumstances of each child and family, the desired outcomes to be achieved, and the services that are required.
* To ensure that every allocated child has an up to date and outcome-focused Plan that clearly states the action, responsible professional(s), and agreed time scale for completion.
* To ensure that all allocated children are visited, spoken to/communicated with, and monitored in accordance with statutory and procedural requirements and in line with best-practice standards.
* To ensure that all direct work undertaken with children/young people is purposeful, sensitive, respectful, and honest.
* To ensure that all correspondence and written notes detailing the outcomes and decisions from meetings with children/young people and Parents/Carers are distributed promptly.
* To prepare and present reports for a range of purposes, including child protection conferences, the child looked after reviews and court and ensures that these are produced to a high-quality standard.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Hold a full UK licence
* Post-qualified experience
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org