Social Work Team Leader - Fostering - Grimsby or Doncaster - £38,500 per annum
Full time, permanent, working Monday Thursday 9am 5pm and Friday 9am 4:30pm
Liquid Personnel are working with an independent, ethical, therapeutic IFA requiring a team leader to support their fostering division, based at either Grimsby or Doncaster office.
Judged by OFSTED as 'Outstanding' for their children's services, their focus is centered around providing the best possible experience for the children in care.
As a team leader you will be a qualified social worker who has experience of supervising a small team. The role is full time, permanent, working Monday Thursday 9am 5pm and Friday 9am 4:30pm. However, you will need to be flexible regarding the working hours to suit business needs. The role attracts a salary of up to £38,500, this includes an allowance for out of hours duties.
The benefits you will receive are:
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Private Health Care
* Essential Car User Allowance
* DBS and online registration paid
* Professional registration fees paid
Purpose of the role as a Social Work Team Leader:
* To supervise qualified Supervising Social Workers on their caseloads, and to carry own small caseload of foster carers.
* Deputising for managers as required.
* To manage and develop a quality assurance role across the agency to ensure standards are constantly being raised.
* To promote and safeguard children's welfare within quality family placements.
* To ensure foster carers are assessed and supported.
* To ensure compliance with National Minimum Standards.
Qualifications & Experience for the Role:
* Diploma in Social Work or Certificate of Qualification in Social Work
* Extensive post qualifying experience working with children and families in a Fostering setting
* Experience on supervising / managing staff in a fostering setting
* Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
* Ability to allocate and review priorities, and meet deadlines
* Experience of working in assessment
* Full UK license
Working knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance including:
* Children Act
* Working Together
* Every Child Matters
* Care Standards Act
* Fostering Regulations
* National Minimum Standards for Fostering
* Care Planning, Placement, and Case Review Regulations
* Framework for Assessment
* Sound working knowledge of Child Protection procedures
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org