Social Worker - Adults Community - Manchester - £31,000 per annum
We are currently looking for an experienced social worker to join our social care charity client in Manchester. This Adults Community Social Worker role offers an exciting and supportive work environment and will be based between the main office in North Manchester, and a base in South Manchester.
The benefits of this Adults Community Social Worker role:
* £31,000 per annum pay rate
* Diverse and rewarding role
* Supportive team and management
* Career progression opportunities
Duties as an Adults Community Social Worker:
* Undertake Community Health and Social Care Assessments (Care Act) for the community.
* Supporting people with a diverse range of needs who seek support, assessing their situation and giving advice regarding services, funding, legislation, independence aids, benefits or who need support in planning their care in later life.
* Provide professional Social Work support and undertake assessments of adult members of the community in accordance with good professional practice and organisational policy and procedures.
* Where appropriate this will require close co-operation with Local Authority Social Work staff and a willingness to work according to agreed procedures.
* Fulfilling the role of Community Care Assessor and/or Care Manager and provide ongoing casework support where appropriate
Requirements of this Adults Community Social Worker role:
* Social Work England registered Social Worker
* Experience of working with adults and older people in statutory or voluntary setting
* Practical experience of managing safeguarding
* Best interest, DOLs and CHC funding issues
* Experience of multi-disciplinary work
* Experience of IT based assessment systems
* Ability to use initiative, be resourceful and prioritise workload
* Excellent Interpersonal skills
* Ability to accurately assess the needs of service users
* Ability to draw up and review care plans and manage and maintain a case load
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org