Service Manager - Children's Safeguarding Team - Stevenage, Hertfordshire - £48,531 - £51,622 per annum (plus market forces)
Closing Date: 21st June 2020
Interview Date: To Be Confirmed
Our client in Stevenage, Hertfordshire are currently looking for a service manager (social worker qualified) for their Children's Safeguarding Team. Their Family Safeguarding Teams are multi-agency teams that work with Child Protection and Child in Need cases and conduct the majority of our care proceedings.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a service which is motivated by and dedicated to continuously improving social work practice. They aim is to support individuals to be influential and active member of their community by promoting true citizenship. Their practitioners strive to engage people, partners and providers to promote inclusive community options and self-directed purchased services.
They are looking for a Service Manager to be resilient and robust as well as imaginative and reflective with the ability to coach and mentor others to become leaders of tomorrow.
Benefits of this Service Manager role:
* Market Forces payment of £8,000
* Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments
* Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate who need to relocate for the role
* Car lease scheme
* Free parking at all of our sites
* Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
* Flexible working arrangements including working from home and flexi time
* Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
* Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
Skills and experienced required for the role of Service Manager:
* Ability to join an experienced and supportive leadership team who are forward thinking and know what good looks like.
* Worked in a similar setting previously and have significant experience of staff supervision and management.
* Ability to develop and sustain partnerships across services both internally and externally and be an effective advocate for the Council.
* Strategic thinking and project management are key to this role
* Experience of budget forecasting and analysing financial information is required
* The successful candidate will be required to attend meetings both in and out of county on a frequent basis. Therefore, you will need to have a full UK driving licence.
Essential requirements of this Service Manager role:
* A professional Social Work qualification and be social work England registered
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org