Child Protection Chair / IRO - Wakefield - £44 Per Hour
Liquid Personnel currently require an experienced and dedicated child protection chair for a client based in Wakefield.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience as a child protection chair and also have relevant knowledge of familiar signs of safety and applying this to their work.
* Enhanced pay rate for an experienced candidate
* Long contract dependent on performance
* Supportive management
* Flexible working
* Easy transport links
* To ensure the safety and wellbeing of children and young people who may be at risk of significant harm.
* To ensure services deliver positive outcomes based on Every Child Matters principals is consistent with legislation, regulations, guidance, local policies and procedures, informed by relevant research and evaluation and which represents value for money
* To chair child protection case conferences and statutory reviews of children looked after by the local authority.
* In carrying out this independent chairing role, to check the quality and appropriateness of child protection and care plans for each child, and ensuring statutory requirements and departmental policy and procedures are adhered to.
* To check that children, their families and substitute carers are involved appropriately in the planning and review of children's cases.
* To take appropriate follow-up action with responsible managers, staff and senior managers to ensure plans are developed and implemented.
* To maintain an ongoing overview and tracking of all allocated cases.
* To promote and enable full participation of young people and their parents within their reviews and conferences
* To have a key role in providing an overview to senior managers of practice and standards of care, and in the development of high standards of practice
* To identify and disseminate examples of good practice and draw attention to deficits in practice and breaches of statutory requirements and procedures, both directly to accountable managers and staff and to senior managers as appropriate.
* To contribute to the development of policy and procedures and provide specialist advice on planning for children.
* To promoting and develop effective working relationships with agencies across the area and relevant partners across Wakefield.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligibility to work in the UK
* Post-qualified experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
* New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
* Twice weekly payroll
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.