Head of Service - Children & Families - Wandsworth - £70,112 to £83,851 per annum
Closing Date: 11:59pm on Sunday 12th July 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Our client in Wandsworth are currently looking for a Head of Service for Children and Families. This is an excellent opportunity to join the service while they are working with new projects and ways of working which are very exciting. This includes introducing systemic practice; being part of the innovation programme and introducing the Family Safeguarding Model; and planning to work with Coram on a New Beginnings programme for care leavers.
The aim of the service is to provide support to children in need. This incorporates work with children subject to child protection plans, on the edge of care and those coming into the care system. The teams in this service area have responsibility for most Care Proceedings, developing permanency for children and ensuring vulnerable adolescents are well safeguarded.
Wandsworth is an inspiring well-resourced and diverse local authority. There is a newly appointed Director of Children’s Services and Assistant Director for Children and Families with ambitious plans to lead Wandsworth to good and outstanding.
Benefits of the Head of Service - Children & Families role:
- £2,000 Welcome Payment
- £3,000 retention bonuses
- Performance Related Salary Progression scheme
- 31 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- New technology scheme
- Interest-free loans on annual travel cards
- Discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
- A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
Duties as a Head of Service for Children and Families:
- Responsibility for children in need and those in need of protection.
- Responsibility for supporting the Assistant Director in their strategic oversight of Vulnerable Adolescent work across the Division and ensuring that consistent, high quality practice is embedded in relation to CSE and missing children and young people.
- Working along colleagues in other team and specialist resources the service undertakes assessments, reviews and interventions of children in need and looked after.
- Ensure effective performance management of the service to ensure improved outcomes for children and young people.
- Develop and lead the service to become a best practice example of innovative work with children and families.
- Lead practice in your area developing and embedding the family Safeguarding approach. You will also be supporting the development and embedding of the Practice Model.
- Have a key strategic leadership and effective delivery of safeguarding and looked after children’s services for children and families.
- Ensuring that consistent, high quality practice is embedded in relation to CSE and missing children and young people.
Essential requirements as a Head of Service:
- Social Work qualified with a valid Social Work England registration
- The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com